BEWARE OF SCAMS!
Hello traveler! This is where the NFT minting will take place. Be aware that this website is the ONLY place where you can purchase and mint a Travel Token. Anything else is a SCAM–No one from our team, including Drew, will ever DM you directly. Always be on the lookout for scammers.
All official announcements will only be made on the official Discord channel and Drew's personal social media channels @DrewBinksy. If you are unsure, please ask a question on our Discord channel and tag a staff member.
New to the NFT world? Please read our frequently asked questions below!
NFT stands for Non-Fungible Token. It's a digital asset that represents real world objects such as art, music or videos. Think of Pokémon cards, but instead of physically holding them in your hand – they are digitally bought and sold on the Ethereum blockchain, and stored on your phone or computer.
You still get the same bragging rights with your friends because NFT buyers have exclusive ownership of their pieces. There is proof of this in the metadata, which tracks the transfer of tokens.
NFTs are the future and they are here to stay. Think of it like discovering the internet in the year 1990. It's a very exciting time to be alive, and we're excited for you to be a part of this community!
Travel Token NFT is a collection of 420 hand-drawn illustrations depicting all 197 countries around the world. Every piece is unique, and they are made up of Drew's favorite places, memories and experiences! Drew and his team spent the last 12 months creating and drawing these images from scratch. When you are finished minting from this website, you will receive a random Travel Token in your wallet.
When you receive your NFT, you can view it on Opensea, which is the #1 NFT marketplace, where you can buy and sell NFTs on the Ethereum blockchain.
Each Travel Token has unique traits, which adds a level of uniqueness to your piece. Some NFTs are rarer than others (such as the platinum backgrounds) and not a single token will be the same!
One of the biggest utilities from owning a Travel Token is getting FREE access to Drew's 'Ultimate Travel Hacking Course' which is a $250 value. More information on this will be provided in the Discord channel.
On mint day, the button above will be updated to say 'Connect Wallet'. You can connect your wallet to mint one piece from the Travel Token NFT collection.
Is this your very first time minting an NFT? Don't know where to start? Refer to the guide below. It's lengthy, but provides a step-by-step guide to set up your wallet and mint an NFT.
There are a few technical steps required to purchase and mint an NFT, but we will walk you through the entire process! There are many ways to purchase an NFT. In this guide, we will teach you how to set up a Metamask wallet to mint your NFT:
- In order to purchase NFTs, you need to buy the cryptocurrency first. The easiest way to do this is to create a binance.US or Coinbase account. You can link your bank account and deposit funds to your account.
- Once linked, you will need to purchase the correct cryptocurrency to mint your NFT. For Travel Token, it is written on the Ethereum blockchain, so you will need to purchase Ethereum. Keep in mind, you will need to purchase extra Ethereum in order to cover gas fees. For instance, Travel Token NFT will cost .09 ETH. You should buy a total of .12 ETH to cover the purchase price and gas fees. Gas fee prices fluctuate heavily throughout the day because it is based on activity–The more people that are trying to do things on the Ethereum blockchain simultaneously, the higher the gas fees. If you are curious about gas fees, please refer to the question below. TIP: Keep in mind, most exchanges enforce a holding period before you can transfer your coins. Make sure to have funds in your account at least a week before you plan to purchase or mint.
- Once you purchase enough Ethereum to buy the NFT and cover the gas fees, you can now send your ETH to your Metamask account. But first, you will need to download Metamask and set that up. Metamask is available for iOS, Android, and Google Chrome. IMPORTANT: Make sure you download the official version of Metamask. As mentioned earlier, there are many scammers and fake apps that appear to be Metamask. Ensure you are downloading from the official website and not from a third-party.
- For this example, we will use the Google Chrome extension of Metamask. Ensure you are downloading from metamask.io and not another website. Once downloaded, add Metamask to your Google Chrome browser.
- When creating your Metamask wallet, you will be assigned a seed phrase which can be a combination of 12 or 24 words. Make sure you physically write down a copy of this on a piece of paper. It is not recommended to save your seed phrase on a computer or any electronic device. If someone gets access to your seed phrase, they have complete access to your funds. Since the cryptocurrency world is decentralized, there is no hotline or help number you can contact to retrieve your stolen funds. If you ever need to access your account on another device or browser, you will need to enter your seed phrase in order to access your wallet. Make sure you fully understand the implications when you are setting up your wallet, many people have had their funds stolen by losing their seed phrase!
- Once your wallet is set up, your wallet is assigned a unique wallet address. Usually, it starts with x0 and contains over 40 characters. Log back into your Binance.US or Coinbase account. You are now ready to transfer your funds to your Metamask wallet.
- You are given the option to transfer your coin to another wallet address. As a precaution, it's best practice to send a small sum to your wallet address to make sure you do this correctly. For example, instead of sending the full funds to purchase the NFT and cover gas fees, send .001 or the minimum to your wallet. Wait until you see the funds deposited into your account. If you see it, congrats! You've successfully completed your first crypto transaction. When you feel ready, send the full amount to your wallet.
- Your wallet now has the funds to cover the purchase price and gas fees on mint day. When mint day arrives, you will see the button on the top of this page declare 'Connect Wallet'. Once you connect your wallet, you can finally mint your Travel Token NFT!
- After a successful mint, you will see the collection added to your Opensea account. In order to view your NFT on Opensea, visit the website and connect your wallet. Once your wallet is connected, you will see the collection added to your dashboard. Congrats! You are now officially a holder of the Travel Token NFT!
Whew, that was a lot of ground to cover, yeah? If you have any questions, please ask us on the official Discord channel, we will be happy to help you! However, always remember that we will NEVER DM you. Any DMs, third-party links, etc. should be assumed as a scam.
Gas fees are required to authenticate and complete a transaction on the Ethereum blockchain. Cryptocurrency transactions are extremely complicated and require high-powered computing in order to validate or invalidate entries made to the blockchain ledger. To compensate, 'gas' is consumed in order to complete the transaction.
Gas can be expensive, and based on the usage it can be significantly lower or higher. If other people around the world are making transactions on the Ethereum blockchain at the same time, more than likely you will encounter high gas fees.
Make sure that your wallet has enough funds to cover gas fees, which can be hundreds of dollars based on the activity.
- Guaranteed a Free NFT in Drew's 2nd NFT collection
- Get Drew's Travel Hacking Course FREE ($250 value)
- Possibility of winning a free RTW trip with Drew
- Get random FaceTime calls with Drew if you have a Platinum rare token
- Attend Drew's annual secret event (i.e. yacht party)